Saturday, September 5, 2009

ENRICH Annual Picnic

Today we spent the morning at the first annual ENRICH picnic (http://www.enrichri.org/). The picnic was held at Roger Williams Park and the weather was ideal. We had about 100 people there from all different backgrounds and philosophies and it was really a great day. The group is new but the energy and organization has been wonderful. I am really looking forward to getting to know these families and participation in the events that seem to be coming out of the woodwork already.

The face painting was great!

Trying to stay out of the sun....

I think I ran at least 100 miles today.

so very tired....


Collin and Tristan spent most of the day running around and climbing on the Temple to Music structure. They played soccer with the other kids and jumped into playing with their "new friends" with ease. The girls took a little longer to warm up (especially Morgan) but they each came out of the picnic with one new friend that I think they could really develop a relationship with. All in all it was a success for us!


Play ball...

No I promise I wont fall....

making friends....

After the picnic the girls went to a friend's (from their old school) birthday party. It was great seeing them laughing and playing with these girls that have been a big part of their lives for so long. We have been setting up play dates and I am hoping we can really keep them in touch because I know they mean the world to the girls.

we are ready to party mom....
seriously we are not tired at all...


It was a long day...I am very tired....

but we are looking forward to a great holiday weekend with Keith and Dawn and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment