Friday, September 18, 2009

Busy Week

We have had a great but really busy week. On Monday everyone tried to recover from the fair weekend.

On Tuesday (doesn't this sound like the Hungry Little Caterpillar) we met up with a group of homeschool families to explore the rocky RI coast. It was great fun...translation everyone got very wet! The kids all found a ton of little things in the tidal pools like hermit crabs and jellyfish.

Those rocks are slippery.

I WILL get something.

Now I am really wet!

Finding some great stuff.

Morgan found a jellyfish
(non-stinging kind)

Don't fall in!

I wish I was bigger.

OK I get the idea now.

Look what I found.

After getting soaked we headed over to the dry land to have a picnic...where Tristan got his first bee sting (he was not a fan). The kids had a great time in the "tree caves" and it was hard to pull them away when we had to go to OT.

Even with the mud on the
bee sting hurt.

OK I'll live....maybe.

You go that way...we can find the big kids.

On Wednesday...well I can't remember Wednesday because Todd had the camera and that is how I jog my memory but I know we visited the local pet rescue, went to the library, and Shannen had her 3 1/4 hr stint at the dance studio (only 2 1/4 hrs of actual dancing).

On Thursday I had a rough day with the kids. The boys were really crazy. At one point they thought that it was just fine to head outside without telling me (not even close to OK with me). Meanwhile the girls decided they were learning nothing that day. *blah* I tried to take comfort knowing that they were going to be spending time with Todd building their own Swiss Family tree house on Saturday and gave them a pass on all but a few things. After a rough morning we all went to the park to meet up with friends...that helped. Thursday night was girl scout sign up...huge surprise it looks like I will be heading my own troop instead of co-leading...if those of you who know me can throw interested girls who are 9-10 our way I would love it (we are a small troop so far).

Spanish....urgggg

Expressing our true feelings.

On Friday we had our first ENRICH community meeting. I enjoyed meeting (and catching up with) some great women and the kids ran around like mad people! Collin had his first ever field trip to pick apples and had such a great time. In the afternoon the girls built this amazing "stuffed animal condo"...they would like everyone to know it is still a work in progress.

Back on track.

All in all I still can't believe how well the girls have gotten along since we have been homeschooling and with the exception of Thursday (I swear we must have had a freak, one-day full moon) have been really fun to work with. They seem to be learning a bunch as well as being relaxed about it all. I am surprised by how fun and low stress life has been lately (we will see once girl scouts and Odyssey of the Mind start). Mostly I am a bit tired this Friday and looking forward to some alone time tomorrow when the tree house starts to go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment