Friday, October 30, 2009

Day of The Dead Art Project

I have been looking for some art projects for the kids that would work out better than our attempts so far. As the people who know me are aware art is not my strong suite (this would actually be a huge understatement)....so I need all the help I can get to create art lessons that do not turn into a huge pile of goo.

I have found a great art blog through a homeschool friend and I am shamelessly stealing her ideas. I decided since it was Halloween time (and the project looked so cool) that we would do her Day of the Dead drawings. I had to do some changing to the project (because I didn't have all the supplies) but even with my tinkering they managed to turn into a really cool project. I helped draw the faces for the boys but the girls did all the work themselves. If you are interested in trying this project (or any number of other cool art projects) from little kids through middle school age the website is :

http://deepspacesparkle.blogspot.com


Here are our best art efforts!

Oops I covered my whole face in chalk.

I like the black light paints the best.


Shannen went with the whole body.

Collin wanted a really scary picture.

Tristan's face.

Didn't these come out cool!

I like the hair on the skeleton.

Nice clothes.

We are all very proud that we finally have a finished product that did not wash away or mold....yeah us!

No comments:

Post a Comment