Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Letter Boxing

The girl and I got a chance to try letterboxing with a group of homeschoolers from our area. If you have never gone it is such a blast! We headed out into the woods with clues in hand to try and find these little boxes. Inside was a stamp for our book and a book we could put our stamp into. Outside in the woods...hiking...ink on our hands...I think we are hooked.

The girls had a lot of fun with all the other kids but I think their favorite part was when they all jumped into the water to swim to the "island". Did I mention that it was freezing, they were fully clothed, it was windy, we had a long walk back...ummm and it was freezing! They all seemed to have a lot of fun and Morgan was a little in awe saying: We would have been in soooo much trouble if this had been a "real" school field trip...homeschool 1 "real" school 0.

I think we will be making a regular habit out of letterboxing....and maybe jumping into the water too...

Make way for ducklings.

Wow cold!

Monster from the deep.

How did I loose my sweatshirt?

Finding the warm sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment