Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hating the Flu

Well it finally hit us. I was really hoping that with lots of hand washing we could avoid the flu but it seems to have come this way anyway. It started with Collin on Monday. He came home from school with a fever (102.8) and he spent Tuesday in bed. For those of you who know Collin this is really an odd occurrence (for those who don't Todd calls him Captain Dangerous because of all the crazy things he seems to do). His fever has only been really high at night (yes truly helpful for mom's sleeping) but he has started with the cough.

I started yesterday and spent most of today on the couch. Tristan has been teetering on the edge of some sort of cold. I don't want to admit it but I think the ear tubes may not have been the godsend I was hoping for because it looks like he has an ear infection. On top of it today I think Tristan spent 15 min. NOT coughing....my plate and face got much of the abuse....no no cough into your elbow!

The only people who have not gotten the ick (knock on wood) are Todd who is gone at work most of the time (and he has buffered himself in hand sanitizer when at home) and the girls. I am feeling a bit guilty that they have been on the computer or reading most of the last two days. I am just not super-mom enough to be sick, deal with two sick kids, keep enough clean dishes in the house so we can eat, and homeschool the girls....(and for full disclosure the girls have been doing most of the dishes and no one has been doing the laundry...that will be a problem soon). So the girls are getting a few days of relaxed homeschooling....and I WILL NOT FEEL GUILTY....if I say it loud enough maybe I will even believe it :)

1 comment:

  1. EVEN Super Mom's get sick!! Sick is sick is sick...wish I was closer ....I'd pitch in!
    Wishing you all a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete